PayPal, a fly, and some expensive domain forwards made for top domain name news last month.
Here are the stories that attracted the most attention on Domain Name Wire last month.
1. PayPal drops Epik, sparking registrar to cry it is being “deplatformed” – PayPal wasn’t trying to deplatform the company; it had risk concerns. Regardless, Big Tech has too much power.
2. Biden campaign jumps on fly on Pence’s head with FlyWillVote.com – A quick and clever domain registration. Some people thought the fly was part of some conspiracy, though, which says a lot about the state of the nation.
3. Domain appraisal scammers try to take advantage of new GoDaddy contact system – The appraisal scam is now pretending to be a “certified” offer from GoDaddy or Sedo.
4. 3 companies paid $100k+ for domain forwards – GoDaddy released its first batch of domain sales data in years, and three of the top sales went to companies that bought the domains to forward them to other domains.
5. XYZ acquires 5 more top level domains including .Autos, .Homes – XYZ keeps adding to its top level domain stable, this time by acquiring Dominion Domains’ portfolio.
Miss a Domain Name Wire Podcast in October? Listen now:
#307 – It’s on .Fox with Crews Gore (listen)
#308 – Domain valuation with Michael Cyger (listen)
#309 – Domain leasing, selling domains and more (listen)
#310 – The domain sales stack with Reza Sardeha (listen)
Leave a Comment