Here’s what happened in the domain business last month.
Miss out on any action last month? Here are the top five stories on DNW for last month, ranked by pageviews.
1. 7 words to avoid in domains because they’re actually trademarks – Many domain investors register these words in domains without realizing they are cybersquatting.
2. Ryan Kavanaugh loses cybersquatting dispute with YouTuber Ethan Klein – A popular YouTube personality has gone to the mat with film financier Ryan Kavanaugh, and the YouTuber won the most recent battle.
3. Deel announces $50 million in funding after acquiring Deel.com – Domaining.com founder Francois Carrillo sold the domain to the company prior to its latest fundraising round.
4. Big changes proposed for domain transfers – A working group is on tap to propose shaking up the domain transfer process.
5. Domain investor acquires .link top level domain – Yoni Belousov acquired the TLD from Frank Schilling’s Uni.
And if you missed a podcast, catch up today:
#390 – Buying domains on eBay
#388 – Big sales and payment plans
#387 – Buying and selling startups
#386 – Domain investing education