Right of the Dot will auction domain names and NFTs at this year’s NamesCon.
Right of the Dot has opened submissions for its live domain name auction at NamesCon on September 1.
The group plans to include NFTs in its auction this year. While it’s open to any kind of NFT, I would think that blockchain-based domains (think .eth or Handshake) would be particularly relevant to the audience.
For domain names, Right of the Dot has strict qualifications:
- 1 to 4 number (such as 123·com)
- 1 to 4 letter (such as abc·com)
- 1 word (with meaning)
- Keyword and high-traffic English terms/words
- .com, .net, .org (the auction will focus on .com premium names, but other TLD extensions will be considered)
- Standard renewal-priced domains (no premium or tiered renewal fees over $100 per year)
Submissions are due by August 12.
NamesCon will take place August 31-September 3 at the downtown Omni in Austin.