GoDaddy’s acquisition, Frank Schilling’s auction and more.
I apparently neglected to publish my monthly post about the top stories from the prior month. So better late than never, these were the top 5 stories on Domain Name Wire last month ranked by views.
1. GoDaddy to acquire MMX, .Club, .Design – More domain industry consolidation as GoDaddy announced it’s acquiring 30 top level domain names as part of its GoDaddy Registry business.
2. Bloomberg writes about Nick Lim and Epik – Bloomberg published an interesting story about Nick Lim, who sold his company BitMitigate to domain name register Epik in 2019.
3. Frank Schilling’s top level domain auction begins today – Auction bids totaled over $40 million.
4. Stands4 sues Dan.com over Calculator.com transaction – A company sued Dan.com after it bought a hot domain.
5. ICANN sends breach notice to Pheenix – After over a year of not hearing back from the registrar, ICANN finally sent a breach notice.
Miss a podcast? Catch up now:
#335 – Developing your domains into a business with Michael Cyger – listen
#334 – Tackling DNS Abuse with Graeme Bunton – listen
#333 – More domain investing competition with Braden Pollock – listen
#332 – The “new” NamesCon and Cloudfest with Christian Jaeger and Soeren von Varchmin – listen