GoDaddy, Sedo, Frank Schilling’s new TLDs, and a .xxx domain name make the news.
Tired of turkey leftovers yet? Here are some domain name leftovers from last month…the top five stories on Domain Name Wire, ranked by order of views.
1. GoDaddy begins accepting pre-registrations for new TLDs for up to $1,200 each – the world’s largest domain name registrar starts accepting paid pre-registrations for .uno, .menu, luxury, and .build domain names. It isn’t cheap, either.
2. Frank Schilling’s first new top level domain name is live – .tattoo and .sexy are in the root.
3. GoDaddy to end its Sedo domain sales partnership – listings will no longer be syndicated come the end of Q1 2014.
4. David Letterman jokes about Healthcare domain name – David Letterman promotes a parked .xxx page to make fun of Healthcare.gov debacle.
5. Sedo reports continuing decline in domain parking – Revenue keeps dropping thanks to low price competition, Google adjustments, and browser changes.