Here’s what happened in domain names last month.
These are the top five stories on Domain Name Wire last month ranked by pageviews.
1. Clothing company tries to reverse hijack domain name – A European clothing brand filed a “factually misleading” cybersquatting case.
2. When you buy a dead person’s domain name – This group had to change its domain name after the founder died and the domain expired.
3. Time is running out to reject unlimited .Org (and other) prices – You’re out of time to comment on .info and .org but .biz is still open.
4. Sheryl Sandberg loses cybersquatting claim over LeanIn.com domain name – Her foundation uses the domain name LeanIn.org and wanted to get LeanIn.com.
5. The .App “junk drop” is coming – The first year anniversary for .app has arrived and you can expect a lot of domain names to expire.
#234 (listen) – Find out how Drew Wash’s domain development challenge worked out.
#233 (listen) – Learn how to sell with Brian Harbin.
#232 (listen) – Understand .Inc’s high-cost business model.
#231 (listen) – Hear why Trevor Mauch spent $600,000 on Carrot.com.
#230 (listen) – Learn Joshua Schoen’s domain acquisition strategy.