Here’s what happened in the domain name business last month.
November was a very busy month on Domain Name Wire thanks to news about Amazon.com and GoDaddy. How much can you tell from the domain names a company registers? Sometimes, a lot.
I also had a fun interview with a member of the thrash metal band Megadeth and learned a lot about blockchain on the DNW podcast.
Here are the top five stories on DNW for November, ranked by number of views:
1. An Amazon coin? Amazon.com registers cryptocurrency domain names – My story about Amazon’s cryptocurrency domain name registrations caught fire. People love their crypto.
2. Psst…here’s what Amazon.com is about to announce at AWS re:Invent – Apparently, people love their Amazon scoops.
3. GoDaddy paid $50 million for two latest domain portfolio acquisitions – The two portfolios were from Donuts and one associated with investor Kevin Ham.
4. GoDaddy files lawsuit to take down Whois spammers – It’s probably just a game of whack-a-mole, but GoDaddy is trying to take down some prolific Whois spammers.
5. 15 end user domain name sales – These end user sales columns are some of my most popular.
And if you missed any podcasts, it’s never too late to listen:
#162 – David Ellefson of Megadeth – what does a thrash metal bassist have to discuss about domain names? Find out in this episode.
#161 – Reviewing this year’s predictions – who was right and who was wrong?
#160 – Paul Nicks of GoDaddy – learn how to sell more domains in the aftermarket.
#159 – Can Blockchain upend the domain aftermarket? – At least one company thinks so.