Five questions to be answered this week in L.A.
Last week I posed 5 questions in advance of the TRAFFIC conference, and answered them yesterday. Today I’m off to Los Angeles for DOMAINfest, so here are five questions that will be answered during this conference:
1. Will DOMAINfest attendance hit a record? I think so, but we’ll have to wait to see.
2. Which party will be better, The Getty or Playboy Mansion? If this were the first year of both parties I wouldn’t bother answering the question. But given that many people already attended the Playboy party last year, and there will be many women attending the event, it will be interesting to see which night gets the highest approval rating.
3. Will the SnapNames bidding scandal have any affect on the conference? Most big SnapNames customers settled with the company a while ago. Still, it will be interesting to see if any questions pop up, and how they are handled.
4. Will the Fairmont be able to handle the crowd? Given that attendees have already filled up the Fairmont and one overflow hotel, I worry that the Fairmont’s facilities might not be accommodating to so many conference goers. But with the entire hotel limited to DOMAINfest, that should ease some problems.
5. Will the Moniker auction take advantage of a large audience? Or will many of the attendees skip the auction, like last year? It will be interesting to use this auction as a gauge for the domain market.