Twice the cash for Florida household.
Verisign recently released the second batch of winners in its Internet Official contest. Here are the five that each took home $5,000:
KidsCookDinner.com – Kate K, New York NYC
SkinnyLA.com – Sarah G Los Angeles, CA
SoldiersOnly.com – Alfred M, Jacksonville FL
LastSecondFlights.com – Michael S – Wilton CT
SeniorBride.com – Terry S., Port Charlotte, FL
I couldn’t help but notice that there are now two winners from Port Charlotte, Florida. Last month Nancy Kevorkian, also of Port Charlotte, won with SecretSnitch.com. I figured perhaps the people knew each other through some connection and Nancy told Terry about the contest.
Knew each other might be an understatement — both have the same exact address! I’m not sure how they’re related, and neither returned my phone calls from earlier this week. (Perhaps they’re out at a nice dinner courtesy of Verisign.)
Let’s take a look at this month’s winning domain names and their history:
- KidsCookDinner.com – DomainTools has no historical whois records for this domain name, suggesting it has never been registered before.
- SkinnyLA.com – This domain had at least two previous owners before the latest deletion.
- SoldiersOnly.com – The domain was registered by someone in California in 2007. HugeDomains picked it up in 2009 and another person registered it in 2011. It looks like it expired in 2013 and was unregistered until the winner registered it in January of this year.
- LastSecondFlights.com – This domain has a rich history. DomainTools shows a 2000 registration. The owner of Creature.com and Operate.com registered it in 2005. He must have let it expire last year.
- SeniorBride.com – SeniorBride.com was registered way back in 2004, and the registrant let it expire last year.