Top 5 Domain Name Wire stories from September
From a big domain sale to an acquisition, here are the top five news stories from last month.
September was a busy month in the domain name industry, and it’s just getting ready to heat up. Here’s a look back at the top stories on DNW last month:
1. Sedo completes its second most expensive domain name transaction ever – we still don’t know what the domain is and what price exactly it sold for. As Sedo gets rolled into United Internet, it will be more difficult to “back in” to the numbers in its financial filings.
2. Breaking: GoDaddy acquires Afternic from NameMedia – it’s kind of a big deal. Here’s what it means for domainers.
3. New expired domain name rules now in effect – guidelines for domain name registrars may affect expired domain buyers, too.
4. GoDaddy says It’s Go Time: new marketing, improved site – GoDaddy launched a new marketing image and is cleaning up its user experience.
5. How much will good keyword domain names sell for in new TLDs? – lots of supply. How much demand?