Sales at Dan.com increased month-to-month in October.
The domain name aftermarket remained strong last month, according to data from Dan.com.
Leanne McMahon aggregated the sales data and found:
- 4368 public sales UP 189
- 4 six figure sales (same as September)
- Highest sale of the month a .game $133,000
- The top 10 sales are: .game .com .com .net .fashion .com .co.uk .com .com (5 .com’s in the top 10 this month)
- .com responsible for 64.3% of sales (2809), down 1.7%
- .nl is 2nd with 3.5% (151)
- 163 different tld sales in total DOWN 9
- Average sale $1341 UP $91
- USA makes up 51.7% of the buying market, UK 2nd at 7.3% and Canada 3rd with 5% (consistent with last month)
In September, there were five new top level domain sales in the top ten. Last month there were two.
Leanne also ran some comparisons month-to-month:
September Sales Volume: 4179
October Sales Volume: 4368
September Sales over $2500: 319
October Sales over $2500: 346
September Average Sale: $1250
October Average Sale: $1341
September Five Figure Sales: 68
October Five Figure Sales: 91
September # Different TLDs sold: 172
October # Different TLDs sold: 163
It will be interesting to watch this data as we head into the end of the year.