A look back at June in the domain name business.
It’s time for DNW’s monthly review of top podcasts and stories on Domain Name Wire. This recap includes last month’s four podcasts and the top five stories on DNW according to views.
#92 – Rob Monster
And here are the top five stories:
1. Verisign buys .web for $135 million – I wrote a few stories about this, but I’m lumping them into one here so they don’t hijack the top five list. I broke the news that .web closed for $135 million, then was able to confirm Verisign was the buyer, and subsequently wrote about why it wanted to buy this top level domain.
2. Matt Mullenweg Podcast – My interview with WordPress creator Matt Mullenweg was a top story last month. Matt provided a great perspective on domain names and why they are more important than ever. He also discussed his company’s forthcoming release of .blog.
3. A smart brokerage pitch from Afternic – Afternic’s sale pitch for brokering domain names hits the mark on how it can add value.
4. 52 new TLD sales over $5,000 you probably haven’t seen yet – Uniregistry released a bunch of data on domain sales, including these new TLDs.
5. WTF: Heidi Powell files cybersquatting lawsuit against Heidi Powell over HeidiPowell.com – One Heidi Powell has sued another over the domain name HeikiPowell.com. The lawsuit is b.s.