Tool makes it easy to sync session calendar with personal calendar.
Sched, a nifty tool for planning your schedule during NamesCon, is back this year.
You can use Sched to plan which sessions you want to attend and then easily import them into your calendar. You can even change your session plans through the NamesCon site and have your calendar automatically sync.
I just used Sched last week to plan my session schedule, and can now fill the gaps with meetings.
Here’s how to do it.
1. Sign up or log in. This seems simple, but it’s easy to overlook on the agenda page:
2. Peruse the schedule and put a checkbox next to the sessions you want to attend. You can change the schedule display through the dropdown “schedule” link at the top of the page.
3. Click the phone icon in the upper right hand corner:
4. Either get the iCal link to import into your program or click the link to automatically import the calendar into popular email programs. (Note: if clicking the link doesn’t work, try right-clicking and opening in a new tab.)
5. Now your NamesCon session schedule should be in your calendar. Depending on your calendar settings, it will probably show the session times in your current time zone, not Las Vegas time. Keep this in mind when you schedule meetings around your sessions.