As domain parking revenue drops, sitting around and complaining won’t do you any good.
Ask just about any domain owner and they’ll tell you domain parking revenue is down this year. There are a number of factors contributing to this, including changes by ad providers Google (NASDAQ: GOOG) and Yahoo (NASDAQ: YHOO). There are more changes on the way, too.
So what can you do about it? Here are five ways you can reinvigorate your domain name parking earnings.
1. Take advantage of parking company promotions. Since just about every good domain portfolio is parked, the domain parking companies are fighting between each other for your business. They’re getting creative with bonus offers. DomainSponsor has generous bonuses for people who keep their domains with them. RevenueDirect is currently offering a 100% revenue share for one month to new parking customers, too.
2. Test a different parking company. Parking companies all think they’re the best in the business, but most will admit that they can’t monetize every domain perfectly. Some domains perform better with one company compared to another. If you have foreign traffic, you’ll probably find a Google-based parking company to perform better (depending on the country). Google powers Sedo, DomainSponsor, and NameDrive among others. Regardless, try shaking things up with some of your domains that get low click-through rates by trying new keywords or testing them with a different parking company.
3. If you earn more than $200 a month, consider SedoPro. Sedo offers a special program for people parking 200 or more domains or earning $200 a month. It pays out better than the regular Sedo program. There are some cool perks, too — like attending the Sedo Pro Partner Forum each year. To join SedoPro you need an endorsement code. If you qualify, send an email to andrew (at) domainnamewire.com and I’ll send a code to you.
4. If you earn more than $10,000 a month, consider Bido’s PortfolioHelp. Bido launched a new program called PortfolioHelp that assists larger domain portfolio holders with bargaining for better payouts.
5. Try an automated site development platform. Domain parking works, but automated site development services can help you get search engine traction and potentially more revenue. Two examples are WhyPark and Evolanding.