Domain Name Wire is looking for beat writers to cover several topics. Qualified writers:
1. Have a deep knowledge of the beat. Do you live and breathe it?
2. Are able to write coherently and concisely with proper grammar.
3. Focus on accuracy.
4. Meet deadlines.
5. Are open to honest feedback.
6. Are trustworthy.
7. Know how to create content on WordPress.
Here are the beats I’m looking for:
1. Chinese domain market – This beat tracks China’s appetite for domain names. The writer needs to know the market trends and how Chinese domain investors influence them. Ideally, you know Mandarin and use Chinese social media to connect with big investors there.
2. Auction results – Do you participate in auctions and follow them across all platforms (GoDaddy, Sedo, NameJet, etc.)? This beat is for you. You will track closing prices and trends in domain auctions and can you write timely articles summarizing recent auction results.
3. WordPress – Do you geek out over WordPress? WordPress is the lifeblood of web development. This beat will cover plugins, explain how to develop unique sites (e.g. directory, e-commerce), provide tips & tricks and cover changes in new WordPress releases.
4. E-commerce Platforms – From Shopify to BigCommerce, adding e-commerce capability to websites is easier than ever. This beat writer should have a deep knowledge of e-commerce platforms and how domain investors and web developers can use them. This includes sourcing product, drop shipping, and optimization tips.
5. Web hosting and site builders – This beat will cover the latest developments in the web hosting business, such as analyzing mergers and major shifts in the business. It also covers companies like Weebly and Wix and how they are impacting the traditional domain-first on-ramp to the web.
6. Domain name columns – I’m also open to writers willing to produce a weekly column on a particular subject in the domain name business. Just pitch me on the topic; data or results-driven (sales, development, etc.) topics are my favorite. An example would be a weekly column covering TLD stats.
Compensation is available. Please contact editor (at) domain name wire.com if you are interested.