Tax return for year ending June 2016 shows growing compensation.
Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) just published its tax return (pdf) for the financial year ending June 2016. Here are some takeaways.
- Revenues exceed expenses by $57 million, and net assets grew to $334 million.
- 14 employees had total compensation of at least $400,000. That’s up from only six employees two years ago and only four four years ago. 19 had total compensation of $300,000 or more. That’s up from 13 four years ago.
- 118 independent contractors were paid $100,000 or more. That’s down from 203 in the year ending June 2014 but up from 66 in the year ending June 2012.
- ICANN spent $757k on lobbying.
- Three law firms were paid a total of $12.3 million: Jones Day ($5.2 million), Sidley Austin ($4.6 million) and Adler & Colvin ($2.5 million).