A look back at the past month in domain news.
It’s a little late, but blame my turkey hangover. Here are the top five Domain Name Wire stories from November, ranked in order of views.
1. After Winning Case, Man Hands Domain Name to Glenn Beck – Isaac Eiland-Hall won a UDRP brought by Glenn Beck over a controversial domain name. After he won, he decided to go ahead and give the domain to Beck anyway. But his internet meme lives on.
2. Glenn Beck Loses Domain Dispute Over Meme Site – see story #1.
3. SnapNames Employee Bid in Domain Auctions, Cleanup in Progress – wow, was that really just last month? So much has happened since the news broke on November 4.
4. WalMart Goes After PeopleofWalMart.com Typo – WalMart has filed a domain dispute against a typo of overnight sensation PeopleofWalMart.com. Here’s the amazing part — after just a few months on the web, Compete.com shows PeopleofWalmart.com as one of the top 1,000 web sites on the web.
5. Pssst. No One Cares About the Domain Industry. – a bit of a rant about the reaction to the SnapNames bidding scandal.