Sedo has purchased GreatDomains; will use it as premium domain auction marketplace.
Sedo announced today that it has purchased GreatDomains from VeriSign (NASDAQ: VRSN). At today’s SedoPro Partner Forum, Sedo detailed its plans for GreatDomains. It will turn it into a premium .com auction site. Each month there will be a 7 days premium domain auction. The first auction will be July 19. You can apply to list domains in the first auction from within your Sedo account. The commission for sales on GreatDomains will be 10%, the same as on Sedo.
Sedo announced other upcoming features for its main site as well:
– Sedo will let users post domains into their auctions without prior offers. These auctions cannot have a reserve price. However, Sedo will monitor domains sent to auction to make sure there are not “hundreds of pages of auctions with worthless domains”.
– There will now be an auction watchlist to receive alarts about auctions.
– Bulk bidding to bid on multiple auction listings at once rather than clicking on each listing
– Improved search functionality. Search results will be returned differently for domain investors and end users. For example, search results will be different based on type-in traffic, geo-origin of traffic, sales price, listing age, etc.
– RSS feeds for domain listings and auctions
– Improved escrow and transfer services (better security, transparency).
UPDATE: Here’s how you apply for the auctions:
Just go to manage your domains in Sedo. Check the box next to the names you want to submit, then use the drop down box on the bottom of the page. You must submit before July 18 for the July 19 auction.