Adobe, JUUL, and Porsch lose cybersquatting disputes.
August just started so it’s time to review the last month in the domain name business.
All top stories on DNW had to do with legal questions. In several of them, the company bringing a cybersquatting dispute lost. But Michasel Jackson’s estate finally got KingOfPop.com.
Here are the top five stories ranked by views:
1. Adobe is really annoyed by this Dominican man’s “photo shop” – The company has filed two UDRPs to try to get his photoshop domain names. It lost both times.
2. Michael Jackson estate gets KingOfPop.com domain name – MJ lovers rejoice! Popcorn lovers, not so much.
3. Stolen domain lawsuit now officially a clusterf*ck – It started as a simple in rem case. It snowballed into something else entirely.
4. Porsche tries to take down escort’s website – It lost the cybersquatting dispute.
5. This JUUL cybersquatting case is interesting – Yep, another cybersquatting case makes the top 5.
Miss any podcasts? Click the links to listen or subscribe on your podcat app.
#243 – DAN.com