Here’s a look at what made news in the domain industry last month.
1. Newfold Digital acquires WordPress SEO plugin Yoast – Newfold, the company that owns Network Solutions, BlueHost, and a bunch of other domain and hosting companies, bought a popular WordPress plugin. People who aren’t fans of Newfold’s brands are worried.
2. Mike Lindell, Rob Monster, and one crazy cybersquatting dispute – A UDRP panel ordered the domain vocl.com to be transferred in a complex dispute involving the MyPillow guy.
3. Here’s why GoDaddy’s shares fell over 10% this morning – GoDaddy warned that growth will be harder in the second half of 2021.
4. Masterclass teacher schooled by trademark blogger – John Berryhill analyzed the interplay between the lawyer and panelist in this case.
5. Are bored apes taking the steam out of the domain market? – Yes, to some extent. I followed this up with a podcast.
#353 – Apes have taken over the domain business with Shane Cultra (listen)
#352 – Good Game: .GG domain investments with Mark Levine and Logan Flatt (listen)
#351 – Marketing top level domains with Suman Das (listen)
#350 – My favorite domains (listen)
#349 – Benefits of great domains with Rolf Larsen (listen)