An interest.ing list of stories.
Miss any of last month’s news? Here are the top stories on Domain Name Wire for October, ranked by pageviews.
1. Be the first to get Google’s .ing domain hack…for only $1 million – Google ran an extended early access phase for its .ing domain, with prices starting at an astronomical $1 million.
2. Man sentenced to 5 years for IP address scheme – He set up fake companies to get extra IP addresses.
3. Domain investor sues to try to get one character .com domain names – This lawsuit required some creative arguments.
4. Expired domains: where each registrar sends their domains – Have your eye on an expiring domain? Find out which marketplace has exclusive rights to auction it.
5. GoDaddy wins reverse domain name hijacking case – Its NameFind subsidiary defended a domain in UDRP and won an RDNH charge.
Podcasts (in reverse numerical order):
Checkmate! The chess.com story – DNW Podcast #459
New partnership + big domain sale – DNW Podcast #458
Oinking about domain names – DNW Podcast #457
Bridging web2 and web3 – DNW Podcast #456
Start. Scale. Exit. Repeat. – DNW Podcast #455