A lot happened in the domain name business last month.
These were the top stories on DNW last month ranked by pageviews:
1. Indian ISPs block access to major domain registrars – Courts in India want domain registrars to respect their orders. They appear to be using Indian ISPs to pressure them.
2. 18 end user domain sales up to $400,000 – Sedo sold two strong six-figure domains, including giveaway.com for $400,000.
3. Markmonitor launches expired domain service – Brand owners will get first dibs on trademark domains expiring at Newfold Digital.
4. GoDaddy gets patent for AI-based domain valuation – The domain registrar has several other valuation-related patents.
5. Hand-registered trend domains can take a while to pay off – It took a while, but I finally cashed in on these hand registrations from 2017 thanks to the AI hype cycle.
Miss a podcast? Catch up now:
ICANN Spring Break 2023 – What really happened in Cancun?
Domain news & Lead Center walkthrough – A dive into Afternic’s Lead Center.
Expired domains & SEO – Sean Markey explains why weird domains sell for a lot in expired domain auctions.