These were the most popular stories on Domain Name Wire last month, as ranked by views.
I’m a bit late publishing this list for last month. If you subscribe to my newsletter, you would have received it at the beginning of the month.
1. Epik continues to dig out from financial mess – But it might not know how big the hole is. One victim told her story.
2. Elon Musk reminds everyone why they need their own domain name – What would it be like if a single guy decided on policy for a large social network? We’re living that reality, and it can be shocking. Last month, Elon Musk reminded us why you shouldn’t rely on third-party platforms.
3. Mark Cuban loses GoBlue.com domain name in cybersquatting dispute – Was it parody or cybersquatting? Mark Cuban stopped by Domain Name Wire to tell his side.
4. James Iles joins GoDaddy as liason to domain investor community – Iles, who wrote for Domain Name Wire, will act as a liaison between GoDaddy and domain investors.
5. Göran Marby out as ICANN CEO – The surprise announcement comes with over a year remaining on his contract.
Miss a podcast? Listen now:
An entrepreneur’s domain choices – DNW Podcast #417
Selling non-.coms – DNW Podcast #416
.Xyz, Epik and more – DNW Podcast #415
It was a pretty intense ending to 2022. Monitoring the developments within ICANN in 2023 will likely be the most interesting thing to watch.