Here’s what made news last month.
These are the top stories on Domain Name Wire last month, ranked by views.
The top three stories this month involved Unstoppable Domains, so I’ve combined them into one to give a little variety.
1. Unstoppable Domains – Unstoppable Domains killed its .coin top level domain name in an effort to bolster its claim that the first blockchain domain company to operate a TLD should get exclusive rights to it. Meanwhile, a legal filing revealed that Namecheap is behind a legal pushback against Unstoppable. And it emerged that two of Unstoppable’s cofounders have been in business before — dealing drugs.
2. Elon Musk’s SpaceX loses Starlink domain battle with Mexican company – SpaceX failed to win a domain used by StarGroup in Mexico. SpaceX previously tried to acquire the company’s trademarks.
3. Man sues GoDaddy after buying domain from someone whose account is locked – This is an interesting case. A man purchased a three digit .com domain from someone else, who then couldn’t transfer the domain because his account is locked. Just another reminder to always use an escrow service.
4. Latest .com domain name leaders – The latest numbers from Verisign reflect the slowdown in .com registrations.
5. Epik’s new CEO – I interviewed Brian Royce about what’s happening at the company.
Miss a podcast? Get caught up today:
My domain sales results – DNW Podcast #407
Why the ICA matters – DNW Podcast #408
Whois info and blockchain impact – DNW Podcast #409
Epik’s new CEO – DNW Podcast #410
All about Handshake – DNW Podcast #411