Two big domain sales and more big stories from August.
These were the top five stories on Domain Name Wire last month, ranked by pageviews.
1. Hubspot acquired connect.com domain for $10 million – The marketing company paid top dollar to purchase connect.com for a new social network.
2. Why I sold my PayPal shares – The company’s latest issue with a domain name company is just a sign of how poorly the payments platform treats its customers. And don’t get me started on Venmo, which it also owns.
3. GoDaddy paid $71.4 million for Dan.com – The registrar disclosed the purchase price in its quarterly SEC report.
4. NFTs.com domain sells for whopping $15 million – There’s a confusing connection between the broker and the buyer, but the deal was handled through Escrow.com.
5. Namecheap appears ready to fight Unstoppable Domains – Namecheap’s CEO tweeted that it would support the owner of .wallet in Handshake. The owner subsequently filed to intervene in a lawsuit.
Miss a podcast? Catch up now:
Call.com buyer reveals plans – DNW Podcast #402
NamesCon 2022 preview – DNW Podcast #401
Getting ready to Chill (.com) – DNW Podcast #400
It’s time for .kids – DNW Podcast #399
Leave a Comment