Here’s what made news last month.
This is a list of the news stories that got the most attention on Domain Name Wire last month.
1. Canvas rebrands to Untapped, using untapped.io – Diversity recruiting company Canvas rebranded after a court order and being found in contempt of court for not ceasing use of the Canvas brand in time.
2. MessageBird acquires Bird.com – MessageBird, an omnichannel communications platform, has acquired the domain name Bird.com. It bought the domain after it appeared to have sold in an auction earlier in 2021, only for that deal to fall through.
3. Verisign announces another .com price hike – And you can expect them again in 2023 and 2024.
4. Tucows announces reorganization and financials – The company is creating more separation between its three businesses.
5. Time to pay attention to the next round of new TLDs? – They’re inching closer to reality.
Miss a podcast? Catch up now:
Domain site reviews and tips – DNW Podcast #374
Domain data with Leanne McMahon – DNW Podcast #375
Talking BINs and logos with Richard Lau – DNW Podcast #376
Why domainers love NFTs – DNW Podcast #377