Want to own a dead drug lord’s IP?
Last year, Pablo Escobar’s heirs won control of the domain name PabloEscobar.com. Now they are putting the domain and the late Colombian drug lord’s intellectual property rights up for sale.
Media Options, a domain name brokerage firm, is handling the sale.
Pablo Escobar’s brother and the former accountant for the Medellin Cartel, Roberto Escobar, re-formed Escobar Inc in 2014. It proceeded to capture as much intellectual property rights as possible.
Now Escobar, Inc. is trying to sell the rights for $1.9 million. The package includes:
- PabloEscobar.com Domain Name
- other related domain names including: Escobar.Life, Escobar.World, PabloEscobar.Club, PabloEscobar.us & others…
- Over 30+ Trademarks
- Successor-in-interest rights in all 50 United States
- A painting (fresco) given to Pablo Escobar by his mother on his last birthday before he was killed
- A video of Roberto Escobar holding the painting mentioned above and telling the story of how his mother gave the painting to Pablo
- All documentation available providing the details regarding the rights, provenance, chain of custody & authority related to such rights
I’m sure any serious buyer will perform due diligence on the intellectual property. Escobar, Inc. has tried to extract payments from Nexflix for its Narcos series, and has threatened Elon Musk for selling flamethrowers.