Two of the top sales at Uniregistry were by groups with long names.
Two of the companies that bought domain names at Uniregistry this past week did so to shorten their domain names. Church of the City bought COTC.com, which it forwards to ChurchotheCity.com. Fly on the Cloud bought FOTC.com. That domain doesn’t resolve yet, but I assume it will forward it to its existing domain FlyonthCloud.com.
Here’s a look at who bought domains at Uniregistry during the most recent week:
1. squeezed.com $50,000 – unknown buyer
2. traveladvantage.com $33,000 – unknown buyer
3. wedog.com $25,000 – Several companies use this name, but none of them seem that big.
4. recoverit.com $16,000 – Wondershare Technology Group Co., Ltd is a Chinse company that sells software called Recoverit.
5. halva.com $15,000 – I’m perplexed by this one. Whois shows the buyer is in the US but the newly-updated name servers point to a Russian bank, SovcomBank.
6. moderncare.com $15,000 – At this time, all we know is that the buyer is in New York.
7. barramundi.com $11,000 – A wine company uses this name. So does a video content company. And it’s the name of the fish. We’ll see what the buyer does with it.
8. faculty.net $10,000 – The domain now forwards to web design shop Faculty, which uses Faculty.com.
9. fotc.com $10,000 – Fly on the Cloud, a cloud consulting firm, bought this domain as shorthand for its domain FlyOnTheCloud.com.
10. manforce.com $10,000 – The Whois is for a company in Belgium. But it could be this Indian company.
11. groomen.com $8,500 – Genomma Lab Internacional is a pharmaceutical company in Mexico.
12. cotc.com $7,500 – Church of the City, which has six locations, bought this domain as shorthand for its site at ChurchoftheCity.com.
13. principio.com $6,700 – The buyer is in Abu Dhabi. Principio is Spanish for ‘beginning.’
14. tusas.com $6,000 – Tusas Aerospace Industries Inc.
15. otys.com $5,746 – OTYS Recruiting Technology.
16. arabedition.com $5,500 – Whois ties back to an investment group called AKJ Holdings.
17. happy99.com $5,500 – Someone in California bought this domain, and I’d like to know what it will be used for.
18. traigo.com $5,469 – VTG AG is a rail transport company. Traigo means ‘I bring’ in Spanish.
19. worldsmart.com $5,250 – Someone in California.
20. yardlink.com $5,155 – YardLynk is a construction tool and equipment rental company. It was smart to buy this domain to go along with YardLynk.com.