Here are the top five stories on Domain Name Wire last month, ranked by views:
1. Turmoil in the SSL market – After propping them up, browser makers are dealing a big blow to SSL certificate sellers.
2. Epik CEO Rob Monster statement on 8chan – Rob Monster and Epik were in the spotlight again last month after 8chan moved its domain to the registrar. It will allow the domain to stay, but not use its other services after its upstream provider cut it off.
3. This is a dirty way to use an expired domain – A double amputee’s domain expired. Someone bought it and turned it into a gambling site with a new logo matching the guy’s name.
4. Scott Wagner leaving GoDaddy for health reasons, new CEO from Expedia named – It’s the end of an era at GoDaddy. Aman Bhutani will take over as CEO.
5. Huh. Guy wants to trademark “Premium Domain” – This trademark application isn’t going anywhere.
Here are the four podcasts from the month:
#250 – I speak with Mitch Stoltz about EFF’s concerns about the new .org contract. Listen
#249 – Jeffrey Black’s attorney, Mike Rodenbaugh, discusses the expensive battle to defend IMI.com. Listen
#248 – I chat with Radix CEO Sandeep Ramchandani about the state of new TLDs and his company. Listen
#247 – New Sedo CEO Matthias Conrad explains what his company does well and how it can improve, plus his early impressions of the domain aftermarket. Listen
Leave a Comment