Here’s what happened in the domain name and web presence business last month.
These are the top stories on DNW last month, ranked by pageviews.
1. The Problem with WordPress – WordPress is too complicated for the typical small business owner, providing an opening for competitors.
2. “Stop the Price Increase of .COM” petition gains steam – It’s not looking good, but the ICA will now turn its attention to ICANN, which holds the keys to any price increase.
3. Verisign sells security business to Neustar for up to $120 million – Verisign (NASDAQ:VRSN) will become a pureplay registry after transitioning its security services business to Neustar.
4. Uniregistry is rolling out a paid discount plan – Uniregistry calls them Perks, but many existing customers are unhappy.
5. Domain Capital goes after Prince’s estate for reverse domain name hijacking – The move comes after the estate claimed ownership of Prince.com is cybersquatting.
If you missed any podcasts, here’s your chance to get caught up:
#208 – Country Code domains (listen)
#207 – Talking pork buns with Ray King (listen)
#206 – Sedo CEO Tobias Flaitz (listen)
#205 – Teaching the World About Domains (listen)
#204 – Domain sales in 2018 with Jeff Gabriel (listen)