2019 will be the last year for NamesCon at The Tropicana in Las Vegas.
If you enjoy The Tropicana Hotel’s mysterious “resort fee”, smokey atmosphere, horrible room service and aging rooms, I have bad news for you: NamesCon is leaving the venue.
The conference has decided to pack its bags and move to another venue after the January 2019 show.
And while many will push for a familiar city such as Los Angeles or Miami, I’d like to propose splitting the difference and holding it in Austin.
Here are some reasons NamesCon 2020 should take place in Austin:
- While Austin was once a sleepy college town, the metro area now has over 2 million people. It also has the tallest residential tower west of the Mississippi.
- It’s in the Central time zone, so people from the coasts don’t have to deal with a three hour time difference.
- Our average high temperature for late
JulyJanuary is in the low 60s.
- Austin’s trendiest mixed-use project is called The Domain, so we could hold a domain name conference at The Domain.
- We have the world’s best barbecue and great vegan food, so both Scott Ross and Jeff Sass can be happy.
- You can fly direct from Frankfurt and London.