What I learned reading GoDaddy’s 2017 10-K.
Last night I sat down with a glass of Hibiki whiskey and read through GoDaddy’s (GDDY) annual report. I didn’t uncover any bombshells but here are five things that I found interesting.
1. The company has one million customers who spend $500 or more per year. This is out of 17 million.
2. 33% of the company’s bookings are from outside the United States.
3. GoDaddy had 5,900 employees as of the end of 2017. Most of these are in customer support.
4. 92% of customers have purchased a domain product.
5. The annual report lists Donuts as a competitor under “domain registration services and web-hosting solutions” companies. It was swapped in for Rightside. Given the company’s reduced role in the registrar business, I don’t think this makes a lot of sense.
The company discussed on its investor conference call how it continues to talk to parties about shifting its infrastructure to the public cloud. This will be a huge win for whatever cloud company they choose to go with.