What made news in the domain name industry in October? Here’s your answer…these were the top five stories on Domain Name Wire last month.
1. Kevin Ham sells domain names to GoDaddy – GoDaddy picked up a portfolio of about 100,000 domains, many of which trace back to Kevin Ham’s businesses. The deal came on the heels of another big acquisition…
2. Here’s why GoDaddy – Donuts deal makes a lot of sense – Analysis of why it made sense for GoDaddy to buy Donuts’ portfolio of (mostly) .com domain names.
3. Who won and lost in .Com? – GoDaddy and Tucows remain at the top of the list.
4. MerryJane.com asks: Is Kush.com worth $3 million? – No, but it could be a nice domain for a marijuana company.
5. Donuts’ numbers show promise for new TLD business model – Donuts shows nice growth in its registration base. What kind of renewal rates will it get when discounted domains come up for renewal?
#158 – How to Sell More Domains with Adam Strong (some good tips in this one!)
#156 – Understand Blockchain with Ken Hansen (it’s like Blockchain for dummies)