WooCommerce is one of the most flexible eCommerce platforms on the market today. As an excellent option for building and running a fully functioning online shop, it is no wonder so many retail shop owners are utilizing it.
That said, there is so much more to this eCommerce plugin than just creating an online store that sells products and services to customers. In fact, WooCommerce offers website owners a vast amount of functionality that aims to help you build something truly one-of-a-kind.See how WooCommerce elevates your eCommerce store and helps you create a standout website.Click To Tweet
Today we are going to look at some of the unique things you can do with WooCommerce extensions through a variety of free and premium extensions.
If you have a large customer base on Facebook, this is the WooCommerce plugin for you. Build a bigger audience, sell to your existing followers by displaying relevant ads, and even track your sales and revenue. In addition, set up shop directly on Facebook and start selling to customers right away.
- Conversion tracking
- Ad optimization
- Facebook ad delivery to site visitors
- Mobile-friendly shopping
- Product and service organization
This WooCommerce extension adds an interesting twist to how you sell your best products. Mimicking the likes of eBay, WooCommerce Simple Auctions lets you run multiple auctions for your products. More so, you can include a bid history, a countdown timer, and even enable the “My Auctions” section for customers so they can easily track their bids.
- Normal, reverse, and silent auction functionality
- Email notifications for things like auction won, payment reminder, and auction relist
- AJAX live updating for current bids and auction history
- Bids for virtual or downloadable products available
- Frontend auction sorting
One of the neat things about WooCommerce is that it aids you in your marketing efforts. One such way that WooCommerce does this is with the Newsletter Subscription extension. Allowing you to easily integrate your MailChimp or CampaignMonitor email service providers into your online shop, you can start building a bigger email list as customers peruse your shop and while they are making purchases on the checkout page,
- Widget ready for sidebar box
- Dashboard widget for tracking subscriber activity
- Boost your ability to stay in touch with loyal customers
- Connect with eCommerce360 to track links and sales
- MailPoet newsletter management plugin support
Implementing subscriptions onto your eCommerce shop is one of the best ways to garner consistent revenue each month. And, using WooCommerce Subscriptions is a great way to do just that. Create and manage physical or virtual products and services with recurring payments by setting up a subscription model.
- Over 25 available payment gateways
- Automatic or manual rebilling of payments
- Built-in renewal notifications and automatic emails
- Detailed reports tracking revenue, active subscribers, and more
- Free trials and sign up fees
Maybe you want to be a little flexible when it comes to the prices your customers pay for your products and services. That’s where Name Your Price comes into play. Accept customer-determined donations, suggest a price, and even require a minimum acceptable price. In the end, the customer does the talking when it comes to prices and you collect what they are willing to pay.
- Simple and variable product type support
- Make product bundles available
- Support subscription based models
- Let subscribers choose when they will pay
- Create printable gift certificates with separate Woo extension
Building a knowledge base or FAQ section for your website is extremely helpful for customers during the purchasing process. And, many times customers do not want to email a shop owner and await a response because let’s face it people can be impatient. With the WooCommerce Product FAQs plugin, you not only help answer people’s pressing concerns, but you use their questions to build a FAQs section for your website to help others with similar concerns, as well as save a lot of time and effort.
- Customers can ask questions, get answers, and see other threads
- Notifications sent to admin when questions asked, and customers when answered
- Plenty of filters available for added functionality
- Manually add questions to specific product FAQ sections
- Similar to eBay’s “Ask Buyer” system
Building a global brand is important if you want to be hugely successful. And, besides translating your website’s content for your international customers, another key thing you should be doing is implementing a currency switcher so customers can always know exactly how much your products or services will cost.
- Exchange rates are always up to date
- Easy currency switcher drop down menu makes viewing other currencies easy
- Display currencies on product, cart, shipping/tax, coupon, and check out pages
- Manually define currencies or use the Yahoo Exchange rates
- Add as many included currencies as needed
8. Notable Mentions
The truth is, there are so many awesome WooCommerce extensions, both free and premium, that can help you create a standout eCommerce shop.
Here are some additional extensions or plugins that may interest you:
- WooCommerce Product Slider (FREE)
- Fancy Product Designer ($49)
- WooCommerce Point of Sale (POS) ($59)
- WooCommerce – Gift Cards (FREE)
- WooCommerce Customizer (FREE)
So, there you have it. Some of the coolest things you can do with WooCommerce extensions.
Whether you have a limited budget, or are looking to invest more into your online shop, there are many ways you can create unique online shops full of exceptional design and impressive functionality. All you have to do is know where to look.