From expired domains to a new domain transfer policy, here are the top stories from last month.
The holidays are upon us! My daughter is going through a Pokemon phase for Christmas, which is a reminder of how a new generation can be exposed to something that faded out between generations. Think about this and how it might relate to domain names…
November was a great month for the Domain Name Wire Podcast, with several recent podcasts topping 1,000 downloads. Contact me if you’d like to sponsor the podcast.
Here are last month’s podcasts:
#112 Big companies and domain names
#111 New Domain Transfer Policy
#110 Building Geo Domain Names
#109 Chips, mistakes and opportunities with Shane Cultra
And the top 5 stories on Domain Name Wire based on views:
1. It’s the end of domain search as we know it (and I feel fine) – This post from Francesco Cetraro was the most-read story last month.
2. There’s an all out war for dropping domain names – Drop catching services have added hundreds of new registrars to snag deleting domain names.
3. Urgent: update your Whois records before December 1 – It’s too late, but this post explains the new procedure.
4. .Com domains for $1.99 on Black Friday – Registries offered big discounts to registrars for Black Friday.
5. Another major registrar is sending expired domains to GoDaddy – GoDaddy is now selling expired domains from Public Domain Registry in addition to Tucows.
Leave a Comment