40,000 more .vip registrations, .store has over 500 sunrise applications.
The .VIP domain name continues to rack up registrations and the .Store registry says it’s off to a solid start.
.VIP broke launch records when it was released earlier this month, and it continues to grow rapidly.
According to data released by the registry:
- Another 40,000 .vip domains have been registered since the first 24 hours. That brings the total to 213,000+
- 85% of registrations are from China
- Nearly half of NNN.vip and NNNN.vip domain names are now registered
- 3,100 premium domains have been sold
- 6 .VIP domains sold for a combined $146,000 in the first auction to include .VIP domains
Meanwhile, Radix is reporting solid demand for its .store top level domain name.
Over 500 sunrise orders have been placed with 5 days left in the .store sunrise. With registrars charging between $850-$1,500 for sunrise applications, this means companies have probably spent over $500,000 so far.
.Store has the potential to be huge, and I’m excited to see that registrars have low first year prices for general availability .store domains.