A look back at March 2015 in the domain name business.
Was March a slow news month? Looking over the top stories from last month, there wasn’t a lot of breaking, hard-hitting news. But there were some interesting domain name sales and other developments.
Here’s a rundown of the top stories from last month:
1. 2 Things that could harm domain names – the value and importance of domain names is always under threat.
2. The most influential person in the domain name industry is… – this was apparently the most interesting question on the 2015 Domain Name Wire Survey.
3. Goldman Sachs and other end user domain name buys – Goldman Sachs was among the buyers of domain names at Sedo last month.
4. LuxeValet.com shortens domain name to Luxe.com – the company bought the shorter domain name through Heritage Auctions.
5. IPC asks ICANN to halt controversial .Sucks domain name roll out – sunrise has now begun for the controversial domain name.