A strong auction with a headline-grabbing .club sale but dominated by .com.
1. The auction sold just shy of $1 million worth of domain names. It’s not the glory years of 7 or 8 years ago, but that’s a total I don’t think we’ve seen in a while at a domainer conference auction.
2. The sell-through rate of about 65% is excellent. ROTD was able to seed the auction with domains guaranteed to sell by doing pre-bidding on the SnapNames platform.
3. You might say the headline sale was Homecare.com/net at $350,000. I’d argue it was Wine.club at $140,000. That’s a headline-grabbing number for a new TLD. This is certainly one of .Club’s best domain names, and it’s a record setting price for a new TLD (at least that is public information). This is an all cash, upfront purchase, unlike coffee.club and vegas.club (both of which sold in deals valued at $100,000).
4. A lot of good keywords in new TLDs sold for about $1,000-$3,000, which seems reasonable to me: Celebrity.wiki, RealEstate.wiki, Hollywood.press, Red.ink, for example
5. With the exception of a few new TLDs, the auction results were dominated by .com.