10 names in domains that got lots of search action this year.
It’s that time of year when you start seeing “top 10 of the year” lists, so let’s get things started.
This list is the top 10 people associated with the domain name industry (not necessarily domain investors) in terms of the number of searches driving visitors to Domain Name Wire so far in 2010. Each person’s name sent at least 100 visitors to DNW.
1. John Berryhill – I think many of the searchers represent complainants in UDRPs. When they receive the response from Mr. Berryhill they yell “who the hell is this guy?!”
2. Roy Messer – The man. The legend.
3. Mike Mann – Made quite a splash this year with Sex.com.
4. Tessa Holcomb – Umm, seriously folks. There are no pictures of Tessa on this site. Or maybe Tessa needs to stop googling herself.
5. Hal Bailey – The Google Keymaster.
6. Stewart Resmer – The guy who sued SnapNames over losing $20. Left quite a few comments on this site over the year.
7. Kevin Ham – The man who (still) owns the internet.
8. Andrew Allemann – Seriously? My name is on just about every article and I’m only #8?
9. Francois Carrillo – I guess I need to start publishing a French version of Domain Name Wire.
10. Nelson Brady – Add in the keyword “halvarez” and he jumps up the list a bit.