Time is ticking, but here are some extra ways to save money.
You have just three days until most discount domain name registrars increase their prices on .com and .net domain names thanks to wholesale increases by registry VeriSign. It’s your last chance to cleanse your portfolio and renew domains early to save some money. I’ve already renewed almost all of my domains that expire before the end of the year.
Thankfully, you can save even more money on your renewals. Here are a few ways to keep a few more dollars in the bank:
1. Bulk renewal – many registrars offer discounts for renewing in bulk.
2. Transfer prices – most low cost registrars offer steep discounts if you transfer domains to them. Transferring includes an added year of registration, so this is a good way to save some money. Many registrars even offer transfers below cost to try to win your business. Some registrars, such as Moniker, offer zero interest payment plans if you transfer in bulk.
3. Coupon codes – GoDaddy is perhaps best known for offering coupon codes, although renewal codes aren’t as plentiful as new registration codes.
4. High volume accounts – rather than fuss with coupon codes, see if your domain name registrar offers discounts if you keep a certain number of domains with them. Moniker is known for multiple pricing levels. And if you like GoDaddy, you should consider keeping 300 or more domains in your account. That qualifies you for an executive account manager. This gives you a lot of perks and customized service at no additional charge, but it gets you very low every day pricing without hassling with coupon codes.
5. Remember the extras – take into consideration the entire cost of keeping domains with your registrar. One may have a lower price on registrations but charge more for privacy. You may be better off paying a slightly higher price in return for cheaper add-ons and better service.
With the renewal price of .com domains steadily increasing, take advantage of the next three days to save a bit of money.