If you see any of these warning signs, run for the hills.
A number of domain investors, myself included, have invested money in newer top level domain names. Many times these investments haven’t panned out. So here are five warning signs that the top level domain you’re investing in is a money loser.
1. Domain registrants spend more time on forums writing about how the domain is the next great thing than they spend managing their own portfolio.
2. The registry starts giving away domains for practically nothing..
3. Domainers suddenly pay ridiculous aftermarket prices for the domains at auctions, while potential end user buyers sit around scratching their heads in wonder.
4. GoDaddy refuses to be a registrar for the top level domain.
5. The domain was introduced this century.
Any other warning signs you can think of?