A look at the top five news stories on Domain Name Wire in September.
It was another strong month for traffic at Domain Name Wire. Here are the top five articles for the month, ranked by traffic.
1. Go Daddy Files Patents for Enhanced Whois and DNS Records – Go Daddy has filed for a few patents related to enhancing whois and DNS records, making them interactive.
2. U.S. Postal Service Delivers USPS.mobi Domain Name – The United States Postal Service has won the domain name usps.mobi through arbitration. The domain has not yet been transferred to its ownership.
3. Domain Name Appraisal Scam Update – the latest round of domain name appraisals scams must be catching a lot of victims, as they are sending out a lot of emails.
4. Minds+Machines Sues Wolfgang Puck over .Food TLD – As if the new gTLD rollout needed any more drama…
5. The Real Truth About New Top Level Domains – here’s what’s really going on with the introduction of new top level domain names.