A look back at the past month in domaining.
Here are the top five news stories on Domain Name Wire in June, ranked by number of views.
1. VeriSign Gets Walloped in Court, .Com Domain Prices Could Fall – a court ruled that a case against VeriSign could go forward. If VeriSign ultimately loses, the cost of registering a .com domain name could drop.
2. Facebook URL Landrush This Friday Night – Facebook opened up vanity URLs. No more facebook.com/13343953212…
3. I Didn’t Get My Facebook URL Because I was Socially Networking – remember that landrush in #2? I missed out, but for a good reason.
4. Business.com Owner Files for Bankruptcy – R. H. Donnelley bought Business.com, but is suffering under a mountain of debt. Don’t look for an auction of Business.com, however. The company is reorganizing.
5. Bill Clinton Loses Domain Name Challenge – in a controversial domain dispute, Bill Clinton lost a challenge to get three domains including williamclinton.com.