A look back at the past 30 days in domain news.
As the world’s economies made headlines, the domain industry chugged along. Here are the top 5 news stories on Domain Name Wire for September, ranked by views.
1. Dell: “We’re F’d” – Dell is either creating a new line of highly interactive computers or is making defensive domain registrations. Within minutes of this article going up, the traffic from Dell HQ in Round Rock, Texas started hitting Domain Name Wire.
2. Ricks Files Lawsuit to Retain Control of BME.com. Remind me to not write about something that gets the body modification community in a tizzy again. You’ll see 47 comments on this story, but I had to delete the 20 or so that contained rampant profanity.
3. Google Chrome Domain Names – A look at domain names related to Google’s new browser. By the way, about 3.75% of visits to Domain Name Wire last month were accessed via the new browser.
4. Domainer Selling Virtual Real Estate to Buy Physical Real Estate – Chad Wright had a successful sale of his premium geo domains. He’s using the money to buy distressed physical real estate.
5. Rick Latona Domain Name Auction Nets $750k – it turns out the auction didn’t gross quite that much; the online auction software showed domains as sold that were not. But the auction still did rather well for a first time event.