Final Jeopardy question tests contestants’ domain name knowledge.
ICANN’s blog has a story about one of this week’s “Final Jeopardy” questions on the popular Jeopardy game show: “On March 10, 2003, this nation got control of the .af internet domain”.
The answer is “What is Afghanistan?”.
This trivia got me thinking about a few other possible Jeopardy answers for domain name trivia buffs. Most of the “questions” can be found on Domain Name Wire. I’ll publish them later, but take a crack at them in the comments section.
1. According to eCompanies founder Jake Winebaum, this is how much his company actually paid for Business.com after seller Marc Ostrofsky cashed out his $7.5 million of stock.
2. This company manages the .info registry.
3. This is the new name of the company that paid about $10 million for the domain name IRS.com.
4. The second most popular domain name extension in terms of registration, according to VeriSign.
5. In 2008, he sold his company Name Intelligence to Thought Convergence.
6. This company’s domain registrars include Blue Razor Domains.
7. This famous tech blogger helped found and run domain name company Pool.com.