5 simple ways to make more money at Parked.
When it comes to ease-of-use, Parked.com is a clear winner in domain name parking. Even its domain editing tools are simple and quick to use. If you haven’t yet edited your domains there, here are five simple ways to tweak your way to more profits.
1. Remove unrelated keywords – having several keywords unrelated to your site’s topic can kill click-through rates. So when the algorithms get it wrong, it’s time to step in manually. Thankfully, Parked makes is a snap. Just drag and drop the keywords you don’t want into “Removed Keywords”. Parked uses a lot of Ajax, which makes its domain management tools a lot like software.
2. Update your title – by default, Parked makes the title of your page the domain name. So when someone lands on chiefsecurityofficer.com, the title they see is chiefsecurityofficer.com. Not that compelling. At a minimum, change it to “Chief Security Officer”.
3. Add custom content (but be careful) – you can quickly add text and extra graphics to the bottom of your Parked pages. This can help get into search engines. But be careful. People who add clickable links such as affiliate banners on their pages have reported their PPC click-through rates plummeting.
4. Customize your graphics – Parked has thousands of graphics for your landing pages. But if you don’t find one that quite fits your topic, just upload it yourself (be sure you have rights to the picture). You can also tweak the lander’s colors. If your domain is about sports in St. Louis, you might try colors like red (for the Cardinals) and blue (for the Blues).
5. Ask your account manager for help – if you have high traffic domains that aren’t converting, don’t be shy about asking your account manager for optimization help. It’s in their best interests.
If you have additional suggestions, please comment.