Free beer, free domains and the bearglecorn.
Rightside, along with its Name.com registrar, are promoting new top level domain names at SXSW in Austin this week.
You can follow the company’s adventures at Interactive.Live. Here are some of the events and promotions it’s doing:
- The company is sponsoring the Sedo Domain Village, promoting relevant domain names such as .Live, .Rocks, .Social, .Band and .Ninja.
- It promoted the .Live and .Video domains at the virtual reality documentary DOX and The Bear Film Premier on Monday.
- Yesterday Name.com bought people domain names and a beer in a clever promotion. With the Reserve.Ninja social promotion and bar buyout people could reserve a domain name at the website. If they showed up at The Jackalope bar from 6-8 on Monday, they got both the domain and free beer.
- Name.com is sponsoring the SXSW Music Hackathon that runs March 15-16.
- Look out for the Bearglecorn on March 17. Find the bearglecorn, share on social, and win free tacos.