Here’s how 2016 concluded in the domain name world.
It’s 2016 and NamesCon is just around the corner. But let’s not get ahead of ourselves–what big news stories broke last month?
From a poor UDRP decision to the acquisition of Michael Berkens’ domain name portfolio, here are the top 5 stories on Domain Name Wire last month.
1. The late Igal Lichtman, aka Mrs Jello, loses a horrible UDRP decision – fortunately, his heirs are fighting back.
2. GoDaddy acquires Mike Berkens’ WorldWide Media domain name portfolio – in a surprising announcement, Michael Berkens almost his entire domain name portfolio to GoDaddy.
3. SEC investigating Endurance International Group – the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission is investigating the rollup’s finances.
4. China to enforce Real Name Verification on .Com Domain Names – it’s about to get more difficult to people in China to do business with Chinese domain name registrars.
5. Frank Schilling invests another $1 million in Rightside – Schilling has invested over $8 million in the company.
Here are last month’s podcast episodes: