Top 5 Domain Name Wire posts of July 2012
Thursday, August 2nd, 2012
CEO shuffle, G.me, and oogle.com among the most read stories on DNW last month.
July’s big news came in at the end of the month: Go Daddy CEO Warren Adelman stepping down from the CEO post he took in December. Here’s a quick run down of the top five stories on Domain Name Wire last month:
1. Go Daddy CEO Warren Adelman steps down – in a move that surprised many in the industry, long time Go Daddy executive Warren Adelman stepped down from the CEO post about seven months after his promotion.
2. One domainer’s fascinating 15 year income statement – a detailed look at the ups and downs of domain name investing.
3. Yep, Google bought G.me and it now forwards to Google+ – Can you guess the top referrer for traffic to this post? That would be Google+.
4. Lance Armstrong’s fight against USADA reminds me a lot of the arguments against UDRP – an arbitrator accountable to no one?
5. Google loses dispute with oogle.com owner – I’m still amazed at the result of this UDRP.