Here Come the Osama bin Laden Domain Names

Domain registrants try to capitalize on Osama bin Laden’s death.

Osama bin Laden domain namesWhenever there’s a major news event — good or tragic — domain name registrations follow.

Such is the case with the killing of Osama bin Laden on Sunday. People are registering a number of domains with the late terrorists’ name.

VeriSign’s “Domain Tag Cloud” shows that both “killed” and “laden” are popular keywords in domains registered in the past 24 hours.

And of course once these domains are registered, people try to sell them on eBay. You can be the proud owner of OsamaKilled.com for a buy-it-now price of $50,000.

Too rich for you? You can bid on OsamaPakistan.com for a starting bid of 1 cent. Or the “premium domain” OsamabinLadenDied.com is also available.

Don’t buy or register these domains. They’re a waste of money.

Comments

1. says

These type of registrations are just waste of time and money.
    1) These type of domains barely sale.
    2) What will you do with that after this news is “Old News”?
    3) These type of domains don’t worth even registration fee. Because, only few of them have enough type-in to pay you what you have paid for the registration.

2. Meyer says

They are teasing a newbie on DNF about
    offering for sale. ( Ben Laden is dead .com)

Not sure if he realized the correct spelling
    is Bin.

All of these (laden) are worthless today
    and tomorrow.

3. says

Totally, totally disagree! As an American, we have the liberty to buy whatever domain name we choose, or at least for the most part. I bought (removed) not because I wanted to profit but it was a way to vent! All Americans are proud of this day, after all a killer murdered thousands of Americans and it was my way of therapy! Oh, by the way Indian Marketer, I have already had at least 2 offers on this domain. I’ve been domaining since 96 and have seen this stuff before, but domaining is not all about making $…it’s about having fun along the way…

4. Brock says

I am the owner of OsamaKilled. I hardly see this as being old news for quite awhile… Not taking anything away from Michael Jackson, but I think this may be little more important… if you think it’s dumb feel free to move on. Great day to be an American.

5. says

For me, acquiring goodriddanceosama.com was my way of celebrating a HUGE American victory, no matter what is the financial outcome. This is a once-in-a-lifetime event. Mr. bin Laden was a very bad person and brought pain to many victims, many families and peace-loving people worldwide, not simply Americans. But he gave the USA continuing pain by eluding us so well. Now… ding dong, the witch is dead. I for one want to CELEBRATE in a way that is meaningful to me. Thank you and God Bless both Bush & Obama, as well as the intelligence officers and armed forces involved for their focus, patience, fortitude, and courage. Good riddance, bin Laden!

6. says

I am the owner of OsamaObiuary.com and
    BinLadenObituary.com
    I want to keep the Obituary news years to come people will remember.I kept a few link of his obituaries. Any one may bid for the name as I am going to sell those any way.Your comments are invaluable.

7. says

OsamaObiuary.com and
    BinLadenObituary.com
    Obituary news wil remain in the years to come & people will remember. You may bid for the names.

8. says

Should a “venting” or “news” URL cost $50K? That’s some expensive rhetoric to want to get off your chest!

IMHO,domain reselling makes the Pay Day Loan companies seem legit. This thread is proving how douchey it really is.